- Pelican Rapids City Administrator, 218-863-7076 or [email protected]: The city administrator handles any inquiries about current zoning and process for changes to zoning.
- Pelican Rapids Planning Commission is a board which oversees any zoning changes in the City of Pelican Rapids: The planning commission has the authority to recommend changes to current zoning ordinances to the City Council.
Questions to consider about zoning
- What is the type of zoning do I need for my type of business (industrial, commercial)?
- What is the current zoning designation of the property I have in mind?
- If my business idea does not fit current zoning, what are my options?
- Special Use Permit: A special use is one that is not specifically allowed as a permitted use under city ordinance, but is a designated use that is allowed in zoning district only if a special use permit is issued.
- Non-conforming Use: Any lawful use existing at the time of the adoption of this ordinance may be continued after the adoption of city ordinance. For example, a commercial property in use before zoning was put in place continues as commercial in a residential district
- Variance: A request for a deviation from the Zoning Code for a particular development standard because of unusual circumstances associated with a particular site. Some examples of types of variances are for building height and parking.
- Rezoning: A proposal for rezoning property may constitute significant departures from the present or historical use or intended use of the property.
Written documents about zoning in Pelican Rapids