City/School Sign Purpose
The purpose of the City of Pelican Rapids/School District #548 Informational Sign is to provide information about the City & School District services, and attractions. The Informational sign will provide information that has a community wide benefit.
The following criteria will be used to decide whether to grant requests for the informational sign. Final decision rests with the sign committee (3) will consist of one member of each the school board for Dist #548, the Pelican Rapids City Council and a member of the Pelican Rapids Chamber of Commerce. If a particular request does not fit any of the following criteria, the sign committee will decide whether to approve the request. The sign committee will approve the request if, in their opinion, it serves the general purpose of the City/School District Informational Sign. The sign committee reserves the right to limit the number of requests that it will allow.
The City/School District Informational Sign will provide information for:
- Governmental and educational institutions.
- Organizations with some relationship to the City/School District including but not limited to, organizations contracting with the City/School District, organizations sponsoring City/School District activities or programs, and organizations participating in City/School District activities or programs.
- Recognized community organizations. (a list of these organizations will be kept at City Hall & Pelican Rapids High School.)
- Organizations providing information about art, cultural, and sporting activities in the City/School District area.
- Organizations providing information about tourist attractions in the Pelican Rapids area.
- The sign committee will consider organizations and churches that have charitable benefits on behalf of individuals, or families, or community specific purposes on a case-by-case basis.
The City/School District Informational Sign will not provide information for the following:
- Candidates for local, state, or federal offices.
- Political organizations or other organizations advocating a position on a local, state, or federal issue.
- Corporate or other for-profit organizations unless they fit any of the criteria stated above.
- Individual, personal, or business.
- Religious purposes, which include, meetings, services, and fundraising activities.
- Information or announcements that are repetitive (weekly, monthly, ect.)